All Pets Ltd Privacy Notice
All Pets Ltd is a small animal veterinary practice, located at Manor Farm Barn, La Route du Manoir, St Peter, Jersey JE3 7DD. We offer all the services you would expect from a veterinary practice, with an emphasis on personalised, compassionate care of animals. The practice was started as a mobile veterinary service in October 2008 by veterinary surgeon Jeremy Miller, and the All Pets Veterinary Centre opened in July 2010 serving pet owners across the island of Jersey. We still provide Mobile Vet Services in our purpose built veterinary ambulance.
At All Pets we take data protection very seriously. When you contact us through our website, via email, or directly in person, we collect information that enables us to provide you with veterinary services.
We will never sell or give your information to anyone else for marketing purposes.
Our Data Protection Manager is Caroline Le Breton.
What personal data we use, and how we use it
We use your contact details (name, address, email, phone numbers), records of your pet(s) and their treatments, financial transactions, and communications.
We use this information to
- provide you with our veterinary services
- administer your client account
- send you marketing messages
- share your information with third parties as necessary
We may also need to use your personal information for the prevention of fraud or for debt recovery.
Who we share your data with
We may share your data with third parties including:
- Insurance companies, when you have submitted an insurance claim
- External laboratories, if your pet needs specialist testing
- Referral practices, if your pet needs further specialist treatment
- Other veterinary practices, if you have asked us to do so
- Pet cremation provider (the JSPCA), if requested
- External service providers (e.g. for microchips or pet ID tags) where you have asked us to do so
- External debt collectors, if necessary
We may share your information where we are required by law to do so.
Where your data is stored
Your client records are stored in our secure, cloud-based Practice Management system.
We also keep consent forms and photocopies of insurance claim forms in paper form.
We only keep your personal information as long as is required to provide veterinary services. We keep records for a period of 7 years after the last time we see your pet.
As an individual you have eight rights relating to your personal information. These are the:
- Right to be informed. We must keep you informed about how we use and process your personal information. We do that using this privacy notice, which is available on our website and in printed form at All Pets reception.
- Right of access. You can ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you. We must provide this information within one month.
- Right to rectification. You can ask us to update or correct your personal information to make sure it is accurate. If we have shared your information with third parties for the purpose of providing veterinary services, we must make every effort to tell them of the changes.
- Right of erasure (“the right to be forgotten”). You can ask us to erase all personal information we hold about you where it is no longer needed for the original purpose. There are certain circumstances where we must continue to hold your information (e.g. if it is required by law or in the public interest)
- Right to restrict processing. You can ask us to restrict how we use your personal information
- Right to data portability. For personal information you have provided to us, you can ask us to provide it to you electronically so you can use it elsewhere.
- Right to object to us using your personal information. We will either stop using it, or explain to you why we are unable to.
- Right not to be subject to automated decision making. where your personal information is being used in a computerised model to make decisions. All Pets Ltd. does not undertake such processes.
What to do if you are not happy with how we are using your personal information
We hope that you will contact us to enable us to address and resolve any problems. You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com , calling 01534 745999 or writing to us at Manor Farm Barn, La Route du Manoir, St Peter, JERSEY JE3 7DD.
You also have the right to contact the Office of the Information Commissioner, Jersey, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01534 716530
Updated March 2019